Business Analyst (Contract)
Who is SalesSmyth?
SalesSmyth is a company on a mission. We partner with technical sales and marketing teams to create predictable revenue for startups and digital platform giants like Microsoft. We are experts at building high functioning revenue programs that help organizations exceed sales objectives, strengthen valuations, and scale up. We are passionate about software developers, emerging technologies and client success. Our culture is casual and high-energy; we work hard and we play even harder. We value pragmatism, efficiency, and BIG audacious goals. We love helping people change the world with brilliant technology; it's as simple as that.
We are looking to hire several Business Analysts to work with various Microsoft marketing teams, working primarily Pacific Time Zone hours. Our Business Analysts, assist our clients with tracking and measuring the success of different products or programs. They drive financial reporting and analysis and business intelligence projects. Business Analysts help our clients effectively manage projects, from project planning to managing deliverables. They lead on process definition and workflow optimization across a variety of program types
What we're looking for
- Experienced. 2+ years of experience working with Microsoft internal data and financial systems.
- Passion for technology. Must have a genuine interest in the transformative power of software and the nerds that bring it to life.
- Friendly persistence. Must have attention to detail and be able to follow up to ensure people stay on track without ruffling too many feathers.
- Project management. Strong sense of urgency for action items and willingness to develop 'agile project management' skills.
- PC-based computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Reporting: Ability to navigate build complex reports using Excel, and possess an understanding of how to navigate a variety of data sources. Ability to build and edit Power BI dashboards is a plus.
- True team player. Ability to collaborate within and across teams, often with outside partners, while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Education. Bachelor's degree in any discipline or equivalent professional experience.
We created SalesSmyth because we knew there had to be a better way to build sales organizations. We’re sales and marketing leaders, so we’ve seen firsthand the effects of building a team or program by the seat of your pants: higher burn rates, lower valuations, and less control over the future of your company. So we ask ourselves the question that drives us, “What can we do to help technical entrepreneurs build high performing revenue programs that lead to explosive growth?” We are on a mission to deliver torrents of revenue by designing, scaling and equipping technical sales and marketing organizations to do their very best work.
SalesSmyth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.