Who is SalesSmyth?
SalesSmyth is a company on a mission. We partner with technical sales and marketing teams to create predictable revenue for startups and digital platform giants like Microsoft. We are experts at building high functioning revenue programs that help organizations exceed sales objectives, strengthen valuations, and scale up. We are passionate about software developers, emerging technologies and client success. Our culture is casual and high-energy; we work hard and we play even harder. We value pragmatism, efficiency, and BIG audacious goals. We love helping people change the world with brilliant technology; it’s as simple as that.
The Microsoft Client Director is in charge of all aspects of our relationship with Microsoft and is a key member of the SalesSmyth leadership team. Primary responsibilities are focused on representing SalesSmyth’s services with Microsoft’s enterprise product, marketing, and sales teams; driving sales and account management; recruiting / leading / coaching delivery teams; and helping set strategic direction.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain and build SalesSmyth’s footprint within the Microsoft account spanning multiple teams;
- Partner with client teams to help influence strategic direction and identify ways SalesSmyth can come in to help them achieve business objectives;
- Responsible for staffing and utilization of team;
- Maintain a utilization target of 40-50%;
- Drive revenue responsibility of $1-2M;
- Identify opportunities for growth/maturation of SalesSmyth offerings, and set the direction for that growth;
- Provide oversight for sold/managed engagements;
- Drive business development with the proper information (creation of SOW), and subject matter expertise to sell engagements;
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and business levers for a particular client list and understands how Slalom Practice Areas interact;
- Oversee project delivery quality assurance;
- Assign tasks when resources are between projects;
- Facilitate client satisfaction surveys;
- Manage project teams ranging from 2-10 consultants remote and on-site;
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum 10+ years of marketing, sales enablement or account management experience at Microsoft either as a full time employee or consultant;
- Advanced program or project delivery experience;
- Excellent executive presentation and analytical skills;
- Previous P&L responsibilities;
- Excellent negotiation, conflict management, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Diverse teams build better products.
We created SalesSmyth because we knew there had to be a better way for early stage companies to build their sales organizations. We’re sales leaders and consultants, so we’ve seen firsthand the effects of building a sales team by the seat of your pants: higher burn rates, lower valuations, and less control over the future of your company. So we ask ourselves the question that drives us, “What can we do to help entrepreneurs build high performing sales teams that lead to explosive growth?” We are on a mission to deliver torrents of revenue by designing, scaling and equipping sales organizations to do their very best work.
SalesSmyth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.