Who is SalesSmyth?
SalesSmyth is a company on a mission. We partner with technical sales and marketing teams to create predictable revenue for startups and digital platform giants like Microsoft. We are experts at building high functioning revenue programs that help organizations exceed sales objectives, strengthen valuations, and scale up. We are passionate about software developers, emerging technologies and client success. Our culture is casual and high-energy; we work hard and we play even harder. We value pragmatism, efficiency, and BIG audacious goals. We love helping people change the world with brilliant technology; it’s as simple as that.
We are looking to hire several Marketing Project Managers to work with various Microsoft marketing teams, working primarily Pacific Time Zone hours. Our Marketing Project managers support marketing initiatives to launch products, reach customers, and communicate the right messages. Key responsibilities of our Marketing Project Managers include:
- Understand project requests to define and scope the effort.
- Gather and prioritize business and information lifecycle requirements to ensure successful delivery of the solution.
- Learn and understand the end-to-end business processes to ensure delivered solutions solve root cause and meet project team requirements.
- Learn and familiarize yourself with the tools/systems and solutions that are built for supporting different programs.
- Provide reporting on project results, milestones, and outcomes.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Lead and own the day-to-day operational aspects of project management for each project assigned. This includes project initiation, communication, presentation and execution of a project plan and revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Document the appropriate business processes
What we’re looking for
- Experienced. 2+ years experience working as a Microsoft full time employee or contractor in a sales, marketing or product team.
- Passion for technology. Must have a genuine interest in the transformative power of software and the nerds that bring it to life.
- Friendly persistence. Must have attention to detail and be able to follow up to ensure people stay on track without ruffling too many feathers.
- Project management. Strong sense of urgency for action items and willingness to develop ‘agile project management’ skills.
- PC-based computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Teams.
- Creative skills. Emerging creative skills for building presentations, designing graphics, and/or writing content.
- True team player. Ability to collaborate within and across teams, often with outside partners, while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Education. Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent professional experience.
We created SalesSmyth because we knew there had to be a better way to build sales organizations. We’re sales and marketing leaders, so we’ve seen firsthand the effects of building a team or program by the seat of your pants: higher burn rates, lower valuations, and less control over the future of your company. So we ask ourselves the question that drives us, “What can we do to help technical entrepreneurs build high performing revenue programs that lead to explosive growth?” We are on a mission to deliver torrents of revenue by designing, scaling and equipping technical sales and marketing organizations to do their very best work.
SalesSmyth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.