Partner Program Manager (Contract)
Who is SalesSmyth?
SalesSmyth is a company on a mission. We partner with technical sales and marketing teams to create predictable revenue for startups and digital platform giants like Microsoft. We are experts at building high functioning revenue programs that help organizations exceed sales objectives, strengthen valuations, and scale up. We are passionate about software developers, emerging technologies and client success. Our culture is casual and high-energy; we work hard and we play even harder. We value pragmatism, efficiency, and BIG audacious goals. We love helping people change the world with brilliant technology; it's as simple as that.
We are looking to hire several Partner Program Managers to work with various Microsoft teams primarily working Pacific Time Zone hours. Partner programs are a critical way to scale business objectives. Successful partnering is important to establish ecosystems to help clients succeed. Our Partner Program Managers support and enable the teams that make partners successful through:
Program Planning and Design
- Develops new programs and/or improves current programs that support partner objectives. Identifies and provides solutions to root problems, defines the program strategy, gathers program requirements, identifies resource needs, and creates the project plan and targets.
- Works across teams to design and operate complex programs from initiation to delivery with minimal coaching. Produces collateral such as proposals, presentations, documentation to ensure business objectives are met.
- Defines and tracks the success criteria and performance metrics for programs.
- Defines and executes communication of program to internal and external audiences as needed.
- Runs the program day-to-day to ensure program is meeting business goals.
- May lead or support the ongoing review schedule for the program.
Program Management: Contributes to or leads a portfolio of projects including the project plan, timelines, milestones, financial management, performance metrics, and/or resource needs for complex programs. Communicates the program status and risk to relevant stakeholders and holds them accountable for following the established schedule, risk mitigation plans, and processes.
What we're looking for
- Experienced. 5+ years experience working as a Microsoft full time employee or contractor in a sales, marketing or product team.
- Passion for technology. Must have a genuine interest in the transformative power of software and the nerds that bring it to life.
- Friendly persistence. Must have attention to detail and be able to follow up to ensure people stay on track without ruffling too many feathers.
- Project management. Strong sense of urgency for action items and willingness to develop 'agile project management' skills.
- PC-based computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Teams.
- Creative skills. Emerging creative skills for building presentations, designing graphics, and/or writing content.
- True team player. Ability to collaborate within and across teams, often with outside partners, while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Education. Bachelor's degree in any discipline or equivalent professional experience.
We created SalesSmyth because we knew there had to be a better way to build sales organizations. We’re sales and marketing leaders, so we’ve seen firsthand the effects of building a team or program by the seat of your pants: higher burn rates, lower valuations, and less control over the future of your company. So we ask ourselves the question that drives us, “What can we do to help technical entrepreneurs build high performing revenue programs that lead to explosive growth?” We are on a mission to deliver torrents of revenue by designing, scaling and equipping technical sales and marketing organizations to do their very best work.
SalesSmyth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.