Who is SalesSmyth?
SalesSmyth is a company on a mission. We partner with technical sales and marketing teams to create predictable revenue for startups and digital platform giants like Microsoft. We are experts at building high functioning revenue programs that help organizations exceed sales objectives, strengthen valuations, and scale up. We are passionate about software developers, emerging technologies and client success. Our culture is casual and high-energy; we work hard and we play even harder. We value pragmatism, efficiency, and BIG audacious goals. We love helping people change the world with brilliant technology; it’s as simple as that.
SalesSmyth is hiring for several Vice President of Sales open positions in North America and Western Europe for fractional, interim opportunities with our portfolio companies. Interim VPs of Sales are proven operators who provide immediate, hands-on first and second line sales management for our clients’ sales teams providing stability, structure, and day-to-day oversight. They often pair up with a SalesSmyth Growth Architect to identify gaps and opportunities for growth and improve overall program effectiveness using the SalesSmyth Revenue Program Blueprints. Ultimately, Interim VPs of Sales are responsible for running businesses while recruiting, training and transitioning teams to their permanent leaders. Engagements do not end with the hiring of the permanent leaders; instead, the interim VP of Sales work shifts into coaching and mentorship.
- Sales Management Experience. Combined 15+ years of sales management (team of 10+) in an enterprise software or professional services business.
- Domain Expertise: 5+ years working with products and technologies for software engineering organizations (e.g. software platforms, devops solutions, open source, etc.).
- Practice Builder. We are hiring company builders who can bring client relationships and be an attractor of top talent in the areas of sales and marketing enablement and operations.
- Excellent Communication. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Law, or related field AND experience?in business development, technical sales, consulting, or marketing
OR Equivalent Work Experience.
We created SalesSmyth because we knew there had to be a better way to build distribution organizations for technical businesses. We’re sales and marketing leaders, so we’ve seen firsthand the effects of building a team or program by the seat of your pants: higher burn rates, lower valuations, and less control over the future of your company. So we ask ourselves the question that drives us, “What can we do to help technical entrepreneurs build high performing revenue programs that lead to explosive growth?” We are on a mission to deliver torrents of revenue by designing, training, and equipping technical distribution teams to do their very best work.
SalesSmyth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.